I read a blog called Cupcakes and Cashmere and the very adorable and stylish author of that blog did a list of five things around her house that make her happy. So, I'm, going to do it, then I want you guys to join in! I'm choosing to list five items from my kitchen, but you can do whatever you want. Here goes in no particular order:
Number 1: My Red Kitchen Aid Mixer.
Those of you who know me well, know that I'm pretty much in love with this machine. It's red, it's shiny and it makes the most delicious food without me having to mix it by hand. I can just throw some ingredients in and read a magazine while it does all the work for me.
Number 2: This EAT sign that I made
So I totally stole this idea from Cougar Town. Jules has these letters hanging in her kitchen and I have always loved them so I bought some letters at Hobby Lobby, grabbed some cute scrapbooking paper and went to town with the spray adhesive. I made three sets of these, one for me, one for my sister in law and one for a friend! By the way, if you're not watching Cougar Town, you're totally missing out.
Number 3: The space above my fridge
Now this may seem weird to you, but you should've seen how it looked a couple of weeks ago. Woof! It was totally unorganized, really dirty on top and had a bunch of random stuff on top. Well on a visit to Ross one day I found that white cake stand and decided to decorate with it, when I didn't have a cake to put on it and that's how the newly decorated top of my fridge came to be. The colors and pitchers make me happy.
Number 4: Mt. Olive Jars.
This one is probably the weirdest one on the list, but something about the look of these jars makes me happy. Matt cleaned out our fridge the other day and when I opened it up to check it out he had these two jars side by side in the door and they made me happy for some reason. They feel like I stepped into the 1950's or something because of the way the packaging has been done. I was totally meant to grow up in the 50's. I'm in the wrong time.
Number 5: This Polish Pottery dish.
This dish was my granny's and after she died it was one of the very few things that I chose to keep. I look at it every day in my kitchen and it reminds me of her. It also started my love for collecting Polish Pottery.
So that's it for my list of my 5 favorite things in the kitchen. If you decide to join in enter your blog address in the linky below or just leave a comment. Can't wait to see your favorite things!



4 comments:
We caught Cougar Town this past week *love that show* and I re-noticed the EAT in her kitchen and was totally thinking - I should make that for my kitchen!
It makes me happy to know I'm not the only one that watches that show. Jeremy doesn't find it funny, I find it to be one of the best shows on tv. Maybe it's a girl thing...
Love your favorite things Mandy - you have always inspired me with your fun decorating sense!
Love your favorite things :-). Hope that mine aren't too superficial.
Post a Comment