Lilypie Tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 9, 2010

Things I love about Porter

As most of you know I grew up in Porter, OK, population, me and my family. And a few other people. Anyway, we go visit Porter about once a month and stay the weekend. We all love it so much and it feels like a country vacation! Here are some of the things that I love about visiting my hometown:

My mom's home cookin!

This time she made both a cherry cobbler and peach cobbler, plus many other delicious things! Oooh, I almost forgot about the homemade ice cream!

 My mom sneaking a taste of the cobbler, sooo good!

My dad's flowers and landscaping!
If you've ever been to my parents house you'll think you're on a golf course, the grass looks so good! I particularly love all the flowers that my dad plants. He also weed eats around every single fence post, which Matt always finds amazing.

Getting Viv to love the outdoors!
I've always said that I wanted kids that weren't afraid to get outside and be dirty and Viv takes every opportunity that she can when she's in Porter. This last trip my dad let her fish in the pond and it was so much fun! I even caught a fish myself! And of course threw it back in because I felt sorry for the fish.

All the farm animals!
Currently they have three miniature horses, a llama, a pet cow, two dogs, two cats and a bunch of ducks and geese. I really love when we all go out to the barn to help feed the animals and Viv likes petting the horses.


Great photo ideas!
There is always something interesting to take pictures of! Dad has a lot of weird looking farm equipment that I love taking pictures of. Don't ask me what this thing is, but I think it makes a cool pic!

Visiting the peach orchard!
When it's peach season especially! But it's also fun to go there in the fall when the pumpkin patch is full! This time I got some peaches and nectarines.

I also found these cobblers in a jar that i though were pretty interesting.

And these gorgeous tomatoes!
Getting to see family that lives out of state!
This time Shelly and Anderson came for the weekend and it was extra fun! Anderson is getting so big and he's so much fun. We're counting down the days until my brother Mike comes home from Iraq, keep him in your prayers!

Viv and her cousin Anderson checking out the view at the back of the orchard.
Also this time was extra special because Jayna was in Ft. Gibson for the week! We went over on Sunday and hung out at her parents house and got to know Annie a little bit better. She's too cute and I love her red hair!

Vi and Annie hanging out. They're gonna be besties. They just don't know it yet. And they don't get to decide.
Pics of my girls
I always seem to take more pics of the girls when I'm in Porter.


There are lots more things I love about Porter, but that just gives a nice glimpse!

2 comments:

Dara said...

I love your house and Roy's beautiful yard.

Jennifer said...

I love the pictures of your girls at the top of your blog. How in the world do you get Violet to sit still long enough to fix her hair? I love the pigtails but Madelyn's always looks so silly because they are usually lop-sided! I love Porter too by the way :)