Lilypie Tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day at the museum

Matt got us some free passes to the OKC Museum of Art because it has a special sketch to screen exhibit and we went to check it out on Friday afternoon.
The main reason why I wanted to go was because of the GWTW dresses that were going to be there! It's been my favorite movie for years so I was really excited! They had three of Scarlett's dresses and a ton of other costumes from other movies like Legally Blonde, The Sound of Music and Titanic. It was very cool!
Went went through the entire museum but the girls loved all the Chihuly glass, especially the hallway that has it all in the ceiling.
This really strange mural was very interesting also! I don't even know if you'd call it a mural, but who knows what it's called. Yes those are really human heads!
After the museum we headed over to the Museum Cafe for some dessert!
Oh my goodness, check this cake out! Orange with buttercream icing and raspberries. As Rachel Zoe would say, "I die!"
Matty and Vi loving on each other at the table.
I think Viv looks so grown up in this picture. And to that I say stop it, stay this small!
Here's my little pigtail princess!
He know just how to make her laugh!
And Viv laughed a lot too, it was so much fun and the girls were so good! That makes up for the fact that they both acted like complete manics at dinner that night.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Ok, first of all, I feel so connected to you now. I had no idea you loved GWTW as much as I did. In high school, I decorated my room in Gone With The Wind memorabilia. I would decorate my room like that now but Colin won't let me. Rude.

Fave. Movie. Ever.

Second, Rachel Zoe would say, "LITERALLY, I die." She loves that word.

amy nickerson said...

I went to that exhibit on Saturday and LOVED it! However, I overheard a tour guide lady say that the GWTW dresses were actually the only ones in the exhibit that were replicas...not the originals. :( But still stinking cool! Oh and that really strange mural with the heads freaked me out!

Mandy said...

Yeah there was a sign by the dresses that said that because the originals were so fragile that they were replicated in 1986 and those were the ones that were there. They looked pretty real to me though! But when I turned the corner and saw the dresses I didn't know that and had my "moment".