Well today was Viv's first birthday and she didn't feel that great today. That's why she doesn't have her usual smile in the pics. Hopefully she will be all better by the time of her party on Saturday! Here's Josh, Nancy and Viv today at the birthday lunch, they all share the same birthday!
They didn't have a small enough sombero so they put some random backwards cap on Viv while they came over and sang Happy Birthday.

This is her the second the song stopped. She was pretty much on the verge of tears anytime she got sung to. I totally understand though because I have shed a tear or two when being sang to. I find it one of the most embarassing things in life.

She was finally happy tonight in class playing with the other birthday girl Jaylen. Well, she doesn't actually look happy here, but she really was! More pics to come on Saturday of the big festivities!

Oh, one last thing. While I was grocery shopping today at Crest, this elderly lade came up to me to look at Viv who was sleeping in her seat in the cart. She made some nice small talk about how precious Viv was and about how you just keep loving them more and more. I told her it was Viv's first birthday and we eventually parted ways. Well I went to the next aisle over and running up behind me was the little old lady! She handed me a $10 bill and told me to put it towards Viv's savings. I told her that I couldn't accept her money and she absolutely refused! I said, "But you don't even know me!" and she said, "I love doing things like this". Wow, what a cool things to do. I just had to tell the story because I couldn't believe a stranger would just come up and do that.
9 comments:
Vivian,
It is SUCH an honor to share a birthday with YOU!!!
Love you, Love you, Love YOU!!!!
Nan Nan
I LOVE stories like that too! I think that's a "pay it forward" type thing... so be watching out for what good deed pulls at your heartstrings next!! That just shows there really are AWESOME, caring people in the world... reminders like that are always nice and such a blessing. Happy Birthday Vivian!
That's crazy about the birthdays! I read in a magazine yesterday that in 2009 you get in free to Disneyworld/land on your birthday with proof of ID. You all should go :) Happy Birthday Viv!
She is so adorable! I can't believe she is one-year old. I understand the crying thing when being sung "Happy Birthday" to. I don't even tell people it's my birthday in fear of being sung to. What a great story, Mandy! It makes you want to help people more.
Happy Birthday Vivian! Now that you are one, I would like to ask you to go on a date with me.
Love,
Jackson Stone
This story makes me think of you crying that time at El Chico when everyone sang to you. Trying to remember how long ago that was. Seems like you were in high school. But when I saw the tears I remember feeling SOOOOO bad for you, even though I'm sure I gave you a hard time about it at the time. Sweet Vivi takes after her mama. Can't wait to see you both on Saturday Happy Birthday Viv!
Awww Viv! I hate being sung to on my birthday too, we've always shared that. I still remember that waiter at TGI Fridays putting balloons in your hair. He obviously had some sort of death wish.
One time I was at the grocery store and a lady was talking to me about my kids and she gave me ten bucks to take Cason to lunch! I was dumb founded!
Oh my goodness. I was just thinking of the TGI Fridays incident, too. I really thought you were going to punch the whole crew of them, Manders!
Happy Birthday, Viv!!!!
I'll call you tomorrow when I'm in town. :)
Post a Comment