Lilypie Tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 12, 2010

My Emotional Girls

The other day I drove past Hafer park and saw that the tulips were out. Some of you probably know that tulips are my favorite flower! So when a nice cloudy day came, perfect for pictures, I dressed the girls in their Easter dresses and we headed out to the park! Violet isn't tired of my camera yet, so she still looks at me when I ask her to. No smile, but whatever.
Isn't she lovely? Where's Vivian you ask?
Oh she's over to the side doing this:
Which then made Violet do this. What can I say, she's a sympathy cryer.
So I gave up on the girls for a while and took pictures of the flowers. They never cry, scream no, or run away. They just stand there looking beautiful!
I thought maybe if we moved to a different location the attitudes might change. Thankfully a very lovely teenage girl with a dog came over to distract the girls. It worked!
Even Vivian sat down and smiled, kind of.
But then she was off again! No Vivian, don't tear up the tulips! STOP STOP!
So I brought her back over to try and get the one picture I had wanted from the photo shoot, a nice picture of the girls together. And here it is:

So I gave up and we went to see the ducks. Did I mention that the ducks are what caused all of this? Yeah I made the mistake of telling Viv that after the pictures, we would go over to the pond and see the ducks. She was a little impatient. This is the look of a duck watcher!

So I got all my ducks in a row and everyone was happy!
I guess taking pictures of a two year old is always going to be an action shot! They're cute too.
And I ended with flower, because they're nice to me.
If you would like to book a spring photo session, leave me a message!

7 comments:

Dara said...

Violet's why God why? hands in that picture make me laugh every time I see it.

leeannestone said...

I want to book a session!!!! Seriously, when are you free in the next two weeks?

Maria said...

I love their dresses!

(My word verification is theduc... in honor of Vivian!)

Lesley said...

Beautiful girls!!!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Wow! Great pics!

Shelly said...

I love the dresses. I want an adult size one please! So cute!

Mandy said...

Leanne, just email me mandystansberry@yahoo.com and we can set up a time to do your pics!