Lilypie Tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

The bangs

Remember back in third grade, the day before your school pictures? Your mom thought it would be a good idea if she trimmed your bangs a little before you left for school? You didn't know any better, you were just a kid. What's worse is that you didn't even realize that they were all crooked, and like an inch above your eyebrows. Well, I'm 31 now and I totally realize it. Believe me. I realized it in the salon and tried to hide the shocked face that I felt coming on when I saw what the stylist had done to me. This:
Now I know it's just hair and it will grow, but can it please grow a little bit faster?? This happened at a salon I had never been to and went to on a whim one day when I got last minute babysitting. She did do a good job on the rest of the hair but got a little scissor happy when it came to the bang area. Oh well, I guess I can wear hats for the next couple of weeks.

8 comments:

Elizabeth Mullins said...

I don't think it looks too bad and your eyes are amazing! Now go read my blog and you will feel much better about your hair!

Erin said...

I think your smile tells a different story - that you LOVE it!! I think it's cute so don't be ashamed!!

Candice said...

I think it looks ok. Not like a mom bang cut. I have a really bad one my mom did to me where she took hair from the back of my scalp and cut the bangs. I need to show you a pic...horrible. I am surprised Jonathan still was attracted to me. Yes, I let her do it because I was poor and in college!

Lynn Valdez said...

I think you look wondeful! That is in style isn't it? Of course, I am not one to mention style. You were the first one to give me a purse and pluck my eyebrows 13 years ago.

Shelly said...

Mandy you would look amazing bald... love the color by the way! Very "summer!"

Amy said...

You ROCK those bangs girl!!! Love you!

Tamra said...

So sorry it isn't what you were after -- but you look great regardless! And you're making me want highlights. Hmmm....

OK Chick said...

I like them. I've been sporting bangs for a couple weeks.