Lilypie Tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 19, 2008

Birth day story

Well here we are six months later and I'm finally getting around to the birth story. As some of you know, I was scheduled for a c-section for November 20, 2007. Vivian was frank breech, which means her head and feet were both up...and both in my ribs! Anyway, on November 18 I went to Melody's shower and said, hopefully we'll see each other at the hospital this week on my way out. Little did I know that we would both be there the next day! I had my day before the c-section all planned out - do some last minute errands, clean the house, finish packing, get my hair done, the usual. Well when I woke up on the 19th, I could not get out of bed, I couldn't move and I could barely breathe because of the intense pain in my right side under my ribs. Matt was getting ready for work and I was laying there, not knowing what to do. Eventually we decided to call the hospital and see what we should do. They told us to go ahead and come up to the hospital to get it checked out since Dr. Hall was doing rounds that morning. We got in the car and took our "hospital route" to the hospital. I had a route all planned out before I found out about the c-section and was so disappointed that it wouldn't be a big exciting trip since it was planned. Well I was kind of excited to be doing something unexpected! Matt was making me laugh the whole way which caused the most intense pain ever. We got to the hospital and I sat in the waiting room for what seemed like half an hour (Matt said it was about 5 minutes). They took me into the room to check the heartbeat and everything looked fine. They did an ultrasound and it was fine also. They gave me some medicine to ease the pain and I waited for Dr. Hall to come and see me. She walked in and said, "How would you like to have her at 4 pm today?" I said okay and was immediately scared to death! Matt called all of our parents and everyone was on the way. He and Josh ran home to clean and to bring our bags to the hospital and Aubrey stayed with me. Finally everyone arrived and I walked down to the OR and when I walked in, I had a panic attack. That didn't help the side pain very much, but pretty soon I wasn't feeling much of anything. In about 20 minutes Vivian made her entrance into the world and it's been a wonderful ride so far! The pic above is me before, as you can see I'm feeling pretty good. I already had the drugs...

This is post panic attack. I don't look too happy that Matt is taking my picture, but I'm glad he did. Since I had to have the c-section I felt that I was going to miss out on the birth, so I'm glad he had a camera. He took some pics over the sheet that are a little too graphic to show here, but I'm glad to have them!

This is about a minute or two after she was born. Weighing in at 8lbs 6 oz, exactly what they had predicted a couple of weeks before at the ultrasound!Viv with Dr. Hall. She is the best and the sweetest doctor around.

And here's the six month old squash eating, bottle grabbing, smiling, laughing, scooting, rolling over, love of our lives!

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

I can't believe it's been 6 months already! We are SO happy she joined our family! We LOVE her!!!

Gena said...

She is the sweetest little squash eater I have ever seen. Love that picture with Daddy at the park.