Wow, I really had my hands full today and looked like a fool in the process! Here's what happened. I went to get my oil changed at a car place right across the street from Wal-Mart. Why didn't I just take my car to Wal-Mart for the oil change you ask? There were like 6 or 7 cars ahead of me and it would've taken too long. Anyway, I thought, I'll drop off the car and then I can walk over with Viv to Wal-Mart and get a few things. So, I got my things, ate lunch and then proceeded out to the parking lot when I remembered that my car was across the street. I had my purse, diaper bag, two Wal-Mart sacks, a drink and a BOX of diapers. Of course I had to go for the bulky box! So I consolidated as many bags as I could but that's a lot of stuff when one arm is carrying a 10 month old! I finally made it across the parking lot and across the crosswalk, which took forever, but by the time I got across I felt like I was in one of those reality show endurance competitions. My arms were burning, the box was slipping and the Wal-Mart sack full of formula and jars of baby food was quickly cutting through my arm! So, I dropped the box and kicked it all the way down the street to the car place, where I was almost in tears by the time I got there! Anyway, I'm home, I'm tired and I better have lost a couple of pounds. Elizabeth would've been proud, I really worked up a sweat!
Monday, October 6, 2008
My workout for today
Posted by Mandy at Monday, October 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Should I be offended that my blog isn't in your list? Does this mean my blog doesn't rock? Could you include a "blogs that are kinda boring" section at least? :)
I'm sorry you had a rough afternoon. Those sacks can really dig in, too! Yuck!
Awe, I am glad everything turned out alright, because that was really funny. I can't beleive no one stopped and asked if you needed help.
Mandy, I try to make it a competition with myself. I think I have done it since college...see how many things you can carry at once...hang them from your lip, earlobe, what have you. You can make it fun. Just think, there was probably someone sitting in a parked car laughing, but not helping (I would have laughed and helped because I understand EXACTLY how fun it is to carry too much)!
I felt like that at Braum's tonight. Not quite as bad as yours, though.
Post a Comment