Lilypie Tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 1, 2010

Photography Friday - Up Close and Personal

This week's theme is Up Close and Personal. You can interpret this in your own way. The only rule is that is has to be an up close shot.

I love taking close shots, especially in the summer. I think I'm just too cold natured to venture out in the snow to get some close shots, even though I know that I would probably find a lot to shoot out there! Anyway, here's a shot I took this summer in my backyard.

We have a ton of the plants that smell like onions and they bloom with white flowers for a little while at the end of the summer and there are millions (well probably not millions, but a lot) of bees flying around. So while Matt was running and screaming into the house I was up close and personal with the bee to get a good shot!
Remember that anyone can enter, the picture has to be taken by you and please leave a link to your picture in the comments. A winner will be announced on Monday. Thanks to all who entered last week!

7 comments:

Gena said...

Okay, my first submission! :)

Gena said...

Sorry. Here's where the photo is at:
harmonioushouse.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You don't know me, but I thought your contest sounded fun. I didn't know which one to choose, but I like this one of a locust coming out of it's shell. Here's the link http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=135985&id=711692443&l=19cb3c52ac . I hope I did it right!

ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ann said...

Oops. I did it wrong. Let me try again.

I love macro shots! Fun contest Mandy!

My submission: Up Close and Personal

amy nickerson said...

This was a tough decision about which picture to choose b/c I do a lot of macro work. Here's what I decided on:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nickersonphotos/3874652539/in/set-72157619472897227/

OCdeanwife said...

OK, so I am not very good at this technology stuff, but I am learning. I want to enter your contest with the close-up of Paige in her new glasses at this link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=185872&id=517605449&l=fc8a68d7c6

Thanks!


More Ads