Lilypie Tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 22, 2010

I know it's not Thursday, but this is random

I'm in the middle of a major curtain crisis. I fell in love with this old lady fabric and bought two yards of it from the Edmond Hancocks. It looked like a good length and matched with the new couches. So, I went to Porter for a few days and ran to Muskogee (by ran I mean drove, I don't run anywhere). I bought the rest of the fabric I needed at the Hancocks in Muskogee. Two yards of each. Look at the far left curtain and now the one on the right. Do you see the huge difference in length?? Now what do I do? I am looking into adding fabric to the bottom of these, but I wish I didn't have to! I love how they look without anything else. Why is two yards of fabric shorter in Muskogee? I've decided that Pioneer Women is making me fat. Or it could be the two babies I had in succession in the last two years. Or the fact that I don't run anywhere. In any case, this monkey bread is delish! Come over and get fat with me, I need the company!Now for some bath pics! Of the girls, not me. Viv insists on taking a bath with Baby Tess. Sometimes it's the only way I can get her in the tub.
Violet is getting huge so we did away with the baby tub (tear!) and moved her into the duck bath!
I think she loved it! She's not been feeling well these past few days and a nice warm bath always helps! Vivian put on a swimsuit and tutu the other day and was dancing and performing for us in the living room. Matt got some great video of her singing on her "stage" in his music room wearing this outfit. Sooo cute!

Still can't get rid of the paci. It's driving me insane.
See, random.

10 comments:

Kayla said...

Just chunk the paci. You can do it! :) Seeing that I don't have to live with cute viv after the fact. If it makes you feel better, I know a little girl who still had it at age 3!!

Melody said...

1. I love that cute random girl! Jay is sporting a tutu over her clothes today too!
2. I love your new furniture!
3. Jaylen still has her paci but she only gets it at naptime & night time....you could start with doing that so it's not such a blow to her system. The first couple days we implemented this, she hated it but quickly got over it.
4. That monkey bread looks so tempting.....

Maria said...

I would love to eat some of that monkey bread! Yum-o! I may have to make some tonight...

Emily said...

I AGREE WITH KAYLA. On Friday, Kendall was lovingly admiring her pacifiers and I said, "ENOUGH!!" and took them right then and got rid of them.

If I was a nice mom, I would have warned her in advance I was throwing them away.

It has not been near as hard as I thought. GO GIRL! If I can do it, so can you!

Dara said...

I have decided that it is not old lady fabric. So now you can rest easy.

Tamra said...

I was going to make PW's monkey bread the other day. But then I took a nap instead.

The girls are SO cute! Can't believe Vi is already that big. And I love Viv's sense of style.

I bought 3 pieces of fabric from Hancocks that should've been 1/4 yard each. Got them home and found none of them were the same length. What's the deal?!

Natalie Hudkins said...

I am just impressed that you have time to make curtains and monkey bread!
The paci...? Let her keep it! They will all get rid of them eventually. :) They are lifesavers for traveling, rough days, etc.

Aubrie said...

I'm going to need you to bring that monkey bread tonight. Thanks.

Ryan and Katie said...

I love that fabric! I think if you just add a solid color at the bottom it will look great! Either that or make the other one shorter...someone obviously doesn't know how to measure correctly.

Shelly said...

I think you rock that you can make monkey bread, curtains, buy furniture and worry about parenting! I think you should write a book on how to get everything accomplished that you do with two beautiful daughters!! ;) I'm amazed!