Lilypie Tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Prayers Please!


Please take a moment and say a prayer for Legrand Strickland, my sister's friend who was critically injured yesterday in Afghanistan. They had to amputate both of his legs and the other soldiers he was with did not survive. He has a beautiful wife and two little boys. They were members of the Memorial Drive church of Christ in Tulsa before moving to Arkansas. Even if you don't know him, please just take a minute and pray for his healing and comfort for his family. This family means so much to so many people.

7 comments:

April said...

They are all in my prayers!

Amy said...

Prayers said!

Anonymous said...

God bless this family. They are in our prayers!

Hi, I'm Ginny said...

I work with a friend of theirs here in Tulsa and just heard about this yesterday. I'm praying for their entire family. So horrible.

Emily said...

What a horrible tragedy. I will keep them in my prayers. So SO appreciative for those in Afghanistan and elsewhere.

Natalie Hudkins said...

Praying- thanks for posting this.

Anonymous said...

Father God,

Please intervene in this situation. I ask that you give comfort, hope, and strength to his wife, parents, children, as well as other close friends and family. Please Lord let Legrand know that you still have a wonderful plan and purpose for His life. Encourage his heart. He remained for a reason, You have something for him to do. Thank you Lord for preserving his life. Lord, please comfort the families of the fallen soldiers also. We know that You are on the throne and in control in the midst of this storm. You are the God of all flesh, nothing is too hard for You. Thank you for the favor you've shown to LeGrand. In Jesus' Name we pray Amen.

Nicole C Thomas, friend of the family in St. Louis, MO.