Lilypie Tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend in Porter

Viv and I went to Porter this weekend for Easter and had sooo much fun! Matty couldn't come because he had to play Friday and Saturday night. My parents house is so much fun and Viv got to go around and pet all the animals! Papa showed her their miniature horse, Sissy, who is about to give birth any day now! She also got to pet the neighbor's horse who is very friendly.There's also a couple of llamas at my parents house, named Lila and Lance. They're not friendly and this one was just getting into the "I'm gonne spit in your face" position. My parents actually have a pet cow. They've had him forever and he answers to his name, he's gigantic and sometimes tries to push my dad down!We dyed Easter eggs with the girls and they had a lot of fun. It was messy but fun!We did the egg hunt on Saturday since the weather was so nice and Viv really got into it this year. She pretty much stayed in this one area, but kept dumping out her eggs and putting them back in again!She's such a big girl now, and it was so fun to watch her do the hunt. Viv's favorite thing all weekend was riding the Gator. She made dad drive her around all day long and when he would stop and turn off the engine she would yell out "RIDE!"She loves the wind in her hair!I also got a chance to do my three gorgeous niece's Easter pics, they are so photogenic!Oh, did I mention the food?? My mom goes all out and made the best dinner ever. For dessert she made a homemade coconut cream pie, lemon pie, and coconut cake. SOOOO good!

We also spent a lot of time sitting by the pond and watching the ducks, watching my brother-in-law and niece fish and watching my dad throwing cow patties at the girls! That last part was pretty gross and I'm glad I was at a distance watching rather than close up.
It was a great Easter!

4 comments:

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Sounds a little like our Easter...trade the llama for a donkey though...good to go home!

the password on here is ductockn=Duck to Chicken maybe :)

Jayspee27 said...

Awe! What a fun Easter!!! I LOVE that your parents have a llama! OH ROY!

LYNN said...

lous that I wasn't there! Brownie can push me over anyday just to be out there. But Sam better keep his snout to himself. I miss your family.

Dara said...

Ha! Sam is pretty forward. I can just hear Vivian yelling ride in her funny little voice.