I finally got to go somewhere! We left Viv with Mark and Nancy for Friday night and Aubrey for Saturday night, got our neighbor to watch the dogs and headed out of town for a weekend of fun!

I love staying in hotels! I haven't gotten to stay in one in a really long time, I mean the last time I paid to sleep in a room was courtesy of the Lakeside Women's Hospital! We got to the Southlake Hilton Friday night and took a swim, got in the hot tub and were so excited to have a fun weekend together.

The hotel was so beautiful and we had a really nice room! We got some Hilton room points for Christmas so the room was free, thanks Mark and Nancy!

This is a view of the Southlake town square from the balcony at our hotel. There are so many stores and restaurants to choose from. There's even a movie theatre straight ahead of the hotel and a Barnes and Noble right next door. It's a perfect place to go for a weekend trip.

Our first night there we ate at a really good Mexican restaurant. The food was delicous!

This is me holding the Southlake visitor's map and guide. That's how many stores there are! There's even a store called "Nothing Bundt Cakes," which I thought was so funny. There were also lots of cute baby stores but none that I could afford! It was fun to look though.

The town square had a big gazebo overlooking the lake and the bells range every hour, it was like a movie or something. After dinner Friday night we went to Barnes and Noble and went to the movies and saw Vicky Christina Barcelona, which I really liked.

The next day we shopped most of the day, went swimming and ate at a really cool habachi restaurant. It was so much fun! After that we went to see another movie, hey, it's vacation! We went to church at a little congregation in Colleyville this morning and they were really nice to us. We didn't know what time church started so we just got there at 10am. That's exactly when it started so we got there perfectly on time! We went home to get Viv today and I missed her sooo much but I'm sure she had a great weekend too.
1 comments:
The hotel looks really nice. I'm glad you finally got a vacation.
Post a Comment