Lilypie Tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, March 27, 2009

Flashback Friday - Sports and Recreation

March's assignment: Sports and Recreation. It's time to dig deep into those photos and find some pictures of yourself or your kids playing a sport, dancing, ice skating, playing chess...or darts...or pool...or whatever it is that floats your boat.

Since I wasn't much of a sports person I have chosen a few random pictures that hopefully go with the theme! When I was a kid I mostly played outside riding bikes, three-wheelers with my sister and brother and riding in my dad's dune buggy! I thought it was so much fun! I actually lost my two front teeth in a 3 wheeler accident. Later on in Elementary school I for some reason decided to try my hand at softball. Let's put it this way...I got the Most Improved Player award at the end of the season. That's something equal to getting the "Participant" award. I was terrible and so is this picture. I remember that I went swimming right before our pictures and so that's why my hair looks so bad!
No I don't consider pageants a sport, but I guess they are a recreation. This is me and my brother after I actually did receive a "Participant" award at the Porter Peach Pageant in 1993. Maybe I didn't win because of that Gone With the Wind dress! This is the next year when I won the pageant. This is my dad and me on the Peach Queen float about to take off for the Peach Festival parade. I had a much better dress that year, I just don't think I have one that is digital! I'll keep looking.

And finally this picture is from my year on the OC Pom Squad. After cheering from 7-12 in high school I took a year off and then tried out my sophomore year. I went to Vienna my junior year so I couldn't be on the squad and by the time I was a senior I wasn't interested anymore. Anyway, that's it for me with the sports and recreation! Head over to Melinda's blog to join in. The theme for April is going to be Black Tie. I'm looking forward to that!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

I love your softball pic...you look like you were giggling about something : )

Your pageant photo and parade photo could even fit next month's theme. And by the way I really like the big red dress...of course I am also a huge fan of Gone With the Wind and all things southern ; )

Katie said...

Ok, loving the pictures of your past... Hey, I have been driving around with your cake plate and cover for about three months now. :) What is your address... I will drop it by your house. :) (BTW you are looking great! Pregnancy is such a beautiful look!)

Jayspee27 said...

I looove Flashback Friday!!
Now, that's the Mandy I know and love!