So I've been inspired to make a quilt ever since I saw the gorgeous one that Miranda made for Melody's baby shower. Ever since then I've thought about learning how to make one and I've finally taken the step! Jane Winton made me a really fabulous quilt for our wedding and a baby quilt when Viv was born. She is excited to teach me and I'm excited to learn. She came over today and we looked for a good starter pattern. After that we went to Hobby Lobby and picked out the fabric, my favorite thing! I thought I'd take a picture of the fabrics like Miranda did on her blog so you could see a "before" picture. We'll meet again on Monday at her house to start cutting and putting things together. She also said if any of my friends wanted to learn, that they could come too. So, if you want to learn how to quilt leave me a message and you can join us!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Quilt Time!
Posted by Mandy at Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Those fabrics are really pretty. I can't wait to see it.
I love quilts! However, I prefer the "have other people make it" method.
I want to learn! But driving 18 hours to quilt isn't ideal. Can't wait to see the finished product. Love yer.
I would love to learn, but I am not sure that I am patient enough. I have always wanted to make a quilt, and have bought fabric before, but nothing ever has come from it. Good luck!!
Post a Comment