Lilypie Tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 9, 2009

Our Mini DC Vacation!

Last Thursday Matt and I took off for a long weekend in Washington DC. Jayna lives there and my brother, sister-in-law and new nephew are also there temporarily until April. We thought it would be fun to go and visit them all. We left Viv with Matt's parents and headed off early Thursday morning. This is Jayna and me and at Smithsonian Art Gallery. I must have walked about 20 miles during that weekend! We walked everywhere and I of course didn't bring the right kind of shoes. Oh, my feet looked good, but felt like 100 needles were poking them all over! So stupid!

On Saturday morning we all met at the Eastern Market for pancakes, which were soooo delicious! It was such a cool place with fresh food, flowers, and an awesome street market right outside. It looked like a scene out of Notting Hill, minus Hugh Grant.

That's my brother Mike, sis-in-law Shelly and Nephew Anderson.


Mike is such a proud daddy!

I'm a sucker for a flower market and they had my favorite - tulips!! So many flowers!

One of the best things we did was go to Georgetown Cupcake. It's a famous cupcake place where people will sometimes wait over and hour in line. I made us all pose with our cupcakes!

I started out with a red velvet one. Can you see how excited I am? Just take a pregnant lady to a cupcake place and you will see this face!

Matty got a peanut butter and chocolate one. Looks good!

Aren't they pretty??
Here we are waiting in line. We didn't mind and didn't have to wait that long in line. More pics to come in another post!

2 comments:

Jayspee27 said...

Those cupcakes are dang good!!! I MISS YOU ALREADY! COOOME BAAACK!

Tamra said...

Aw, that looks so fun...and yummy! Girls, you look great!!!