Lilypie Tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 5, 2009

Flashback Friday-The Buddy System

The theme for the month of June is pics of you and your friends. To get more info and join in go to Melinda's blog, where she's not afraid to show embarrassing pictures of herself, something I love to see!
I figured I would dedicate this first blog to my BFF Jayna Suzanne Perry Hooker. We met at Burnt Cabin when we were about 8 or 9 years old so we've see each other through a lot of bad hair years and terrible clothes as well. Here are some pics of us through the years!
Here we are at Burnt Cabin, right in the middle of the "perms are so cool" stage of our lives!Burnt Cabin a couple years later, apparently we were into posing back then and really short shorts. I'm pretty sure this was taken our senior year of high school back in good old 1997. We traveled on the Vienna studies program together and saw all the sights! So much fun to do with your BFF!This is us back at Burnt Cabin again when we were counselors there during our college years. So much fun to go back together! We felt like campers I think!This is when we went to NYC on chorale tour and met Matthew Broderick! Here we are in NYC again a few years later when we went together on spring break of 2004 I think. We had sooo much fun looking for celebrities, we met Susan Lucci, trying on Manolo Blahniks, eating good food and seeing Chicago! Us at my wedding in September 2004. Us at Jayna's rehearsal dinner. I was pregnant with Viv back then. A pretty recent pic of us when Jayna came home to visit.
Here we are just a couple of months ago when I went to visit her in DC and tried to talk her into moving back home!
That's it for this week, love you Jayna, come home!!

8 comments:

Monica said...

I miss my Mandy & Jayna friends!! I think it's funny how in the last 2 pics one of you has bangs & then in the next pic you switch & the other one has bangs:) Love you girls bunches!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

How neat to have a friend go through so many stages with. I have had good friends at each different stage!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Oh I love how you went thru the stages of your friendship.

Jayspee27 said...

WOW! MANDY!! I love you so so much. I am crying over my computer. I am a mess. I love that you went aaaaall the way back to the perm days to just a few months ago. When you see it, it is truly amazing to see us go through all of these years together. I am so blessed to get to go through them with you. I can't wait to see our next chapter together. Thanks for being my BFF. I'll come home soon. I promise. And might I point out my scrunchy socks in the second picture?!?! I was hot!

Melinda said...

Hey, I think I took that Pisa pic : )

I can't decide which photo I like better...the first with the fantastic permed hair or the second "poser" one : )

I love you girls sooooo much!!!!

Kristin said...

Happy FF! This is wonderful, how nice to have a friend for that long! It was fun to see you both grow up together.
http://sogkonniteliving.blogspot.com/

Gena said...

Love the permed picture. You girls were some beautiful campers.

Shelly said...

What a beautiful friendship... and now to both be pregnant at the same time... ahhh... every girl's dream! Great pictures!! Great memories for you both!