So I tried the recipe that Summer has linked on her blog here and holy cow, they are amazing. She brought them to BK and I knew I had to try the recipe myself. Matt agrees that they are the best brownies he's ever had. The recipe calls for chocolate chip cookie dough, but they didn't have any at the store so I got oatmeal chocolate chip, which happens to be my favorite anyway and they were awesome. It's such an easy recipe too! Here's how they looked when I put them in the oven.
Here they are after baking and after the icing set for a while and it was cutting time, my favorite time of all of course!
And here's a close up of how gooey delicious it was!
Since I was getting the nursery ready for Violet, I decided to get out my sewing machine and sew some leftover ribbon onto some of the old burpcloths. Puke just looks so much prettier if it's near a cute ribbon!
And this is my 28 week belly pic that was taken this morning at my appointment. So far I've gained 18 pounds, which is good compared to me last time at this point. I had gained 25 pounds the last time at 28 weeks. I am determined to not gain as much weight as last time. However, if those brownies have anything to say about it, its not gonna happen!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
I can't believe that you've turned into this ultra-crafty SAHM. But it suits you so well!!! (Don't tell Dara I'm encouraging you to continue breaking the "no homemade cute stuff" pact.)
You look great!
My mouth is watering just looking at those things. I had to ban them from the house...
I am not really a brownie fan, but those are amazing! I ate like 5 in one day!
Maybe you should bring some of those to lunch tomorrow...
Mandy! You look so wonderful. Only you could be that stylish pregnant. And 28 weeks is a big accomplishment. Congratulations. Love you.
Your burpcloths turned out so cute! You look great! Your quilt turned out wonderful, by the way! I got to take a little peek:) Viv's pics from your previous post are darling! She is growing up!!!
I'll give you a dollar if you mail me one of those brownies and a blanket! No?
Well, you look FANTASTIC btw!
Mandy you lok so beautiful and those brownies look delicious!! I can't wait to make some! Squeeze Viv for me. Anxious to see all of you in a couple weeks!
I found your blog through Dara's and after reading about the brownies decided I had to make some. Went to the store and they have a Betty Crocker kit with the cookie dough and brownie mix packaged together - just thought you'd want to know!
Post a Comment